Please note: Due to the current situation with COVID-19 we are not allowing the transport of personal effects in vehicle bookings until further notice. We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for using CEVA Car Carrying for your vehicle transportation.
Due to a high demand of requests for customers to allow a small amount of personal items to be left in the vehicle whilst it is being transported, CEVA Car Carrying now has a Personal Items Policy in place to help our customers.
For an additional cost of $100.00 plus GST, CEVA will allow up to 60kg of items that are neatly packed into appropriate boxes or suitcases in the boot of the vehicle.
You can elect to add this option at any time through the Customer Care Centre on 13 CARS (13 2277) or upon arrival at the depot when dropping off your vehicle, provided you have made a prepaid booking directly with CEVA.
This additional service is available on all of our Transport Options, however, it is ONLY available on movements from a CEVA depot (not including movements going into WA due to quarantine restrictions). Collections from the door (business, residential or otherwise) are NOT eligible for our Personal Items Policy.
Items must be packed in the following manner
- Items are to be securely and neatly packed in appropriate boxes or suitcases - We recommend standard removalist boxes or airline appropriate suitcases.
- All items are to be boxed up and left in the boot of the vehicle or back of station wagon. If your vehicle is a station wagon or similar, nothing is allowed above the rear window to obstruct rear view mirror sight.
- All boxes and suitcases cannot exceed 60kg in total.
- If items are not packed in boxes or suitcases according to our requirements, we will refuse to transport your vehicle.
- The total weight of all items must not exceed 60kg.
- No heavy machinery, heavy car parts or plants.
- No perishable food items – Including, but not limited to, fresh meat, seafood, fruit, vegetables and any other items requiring refrigeration.
- No dangerous goods – Including, but not limited to, weapons, firearms, ammunition, flammable liquids and gases.
Please see our Personal Items Brochure for more information
- Upon arrival to the depot you will need to quote your booking number to reception
- At this point you can sign or hand in your signed Personal Items and Dangerous Goods declaration form
- Once a member of staff inspects the vehicle, they will also assess the boxed items and suitcases. All boxes and suitcases will need to be easily opened for inspection to ensure there are no restricted items inside.
- If everything passes the inspection all boxes and suitcases will be security taped to ensure nothing is removed or added for the duration of the trip.